We have a collection of recommended books and websites that we feel can be helpful to you and your body, mind and spirit.
For general problems, these are the steps that have been recommended by Dr. Michael Pierce:
- If your health is pretty good but you want to identify some problem areas, this is a great place to start. You try the foods they recommend and then tweak it to what works best for you.
- One way to test if something is wrong for you is by taking your pulse rate than eat the food in question. Take your pulse rate 5 min after you eat it. If it has increased than the food is not so good for you.
- There is an organization NNFA trade group (National Nutrition Food Group) that strictly enforces standards on its members. If the store you shop at is a member of the organization than the products they sell have passed all requirements of this organization. These standards are much higher than the FDA and USDA requires.
- It is recommended supplementing with minerals Magnesium and Zinc. These are required in all chemical reactions in body. You need more Mg than Zinc. Calcium is needed but in some cases it actually can act as an excito-toxin (Russell Blalock's work) so you need to be careful with it.
- The last step in initially working with issues is to get bodywork done.
Here are articles and books that can be highly valuable depending on what you are working on:
Cleanses...should always be accompanied before, during and after with a colonic or an enema.
- The Amazing Liver and Gall Bladder Cleanse by Andreas Moritz
WHY...in order to break down fats we need bile made in the liver and stored in the gall bladder to get into the small intestine! To do this we need to get rid of all the stones in the liver and the gall bladder. This cleanse allows the stones to loosen, easily expel out the bile ducts into the intestines so you are eliminating them through fecal matter.these are not kidney stones! This is preventative. These stones are hardened cholesterol and the build up results in over 500,000 gall bladders removed in the United States every year. Once this surgery is performed the liver is left with a lot more work.
- The Seven Day Colon Cleanse by Dr. Bernard Jensen
The body on average carries 15 to 20 pounds of fecal matter. Autopsy reports confirm these findings. By fasting and taking the correct supplements one can eliminate the "black tar" that builds up along the colon walls. This impacted fecal matter is the home for bad bacteria imbalancing the flora of our intestines and the home of parasites. The diameter of the colon is roughly an inch and a half. By eliminating all the built up material one may sufficiently get rid of wastes in their body proportional to what they eat. When we are not eliminating daily the colon will stretch and become impacted contributing to the colon's loss of peristalsis.
- The Nutrition Solution, A Guide to Your Metabolic Type by Harold Kristal D. D. S.
This book puts people in two different categories and explains what foods will benefit each. This is a first good step in figuring out what foods will benefit you. This is most important for those who have more serious conditions. The information will help you find the foods that will help balance out your blood ph. Which in turn will help the body fight off the problem. For those in the Twin Cities, Dr. Munson will do a half day exam that will identify which type you are. Urine test, blood work etc. 763-566-9330
- Live Right for Your Type by Peter D'Adamo
This is the next good book to look at to find out what foods are most beneficial for your blood type. Also check out the website dadamo.com
- Effects of Colon Irrigation on Serum Electrolytes by J. G. Collins, N. D. and P. Mittman, N. D.+
This article was published in February 1990 in the "Journal of Naturopathic Medicine". The study described the effects of colon irrigation on blood serum levels of key electrolytes.
- Colon Hydrotherapy for Pre-endoscopy Preparation by Nurse Hua JH, Surgeon Zhao Fa, Guo LinLi
This article was published in December 2004 in the "Hebei Medical Journal". The study concluded that colon hydrotherapy is an effective means of cleansing the large bowel in cases undergoing colonoscopy.
- Hydrotherapy Compared with PEG-ES Lavage and Aqueous Sodium Phosphate as Bowel Preparation for Elective Colonoscopy: A Prospective, Randomized, Single Blinded Trail by Joseph J. Fiorito, MD et al.
This article was published in 2006 at the annual scientific meeting of the "American College of Gastroenterology". The study compared the efficacy and patient acceptance of same-day hydrotherapy with polyethylene glycol-electrolyte lavage (PEG-ES) and aqueous sodium phosphate (ASP) inpatients undergoing elective colonoscopy.
Other highly recommended books:
- Healing Within by Stanley Weinberger - The complete guide to colon Health
- Colon Health by Dr. Norman Walker - The key to a vibrant life
- Gut Solutions by Brenda Watson
- Beating Cancer with Nutrition by Patrick Quillin - Very informative book for those dealing with this issue
- Neurobehavioral Disorders of Childhood - an Evolutionary Perspective by Robert Melillo - Very highly recommended when sorting out problems with childhood behaviors
- Doing Brief Psychotherapy (Hardcover, 1995) by Michael Franz Basch
- Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Drugs (Hardcover, 1999) Other Editions... by David Cohen, Peter Breggin
- Books by Victor Frankel on Reflective Theory - Everything in the world is a reflection of you. I looked up this author on half.com and found these to books listed. He works with brain waves and behaviors.
- Basic Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System (Paperback, 2001) Other Editions... by Margareta Nordin, Victor H. Frankel Ph.D.
- The Operative Manual of Ilizarov Techniques: Principles & Techniques (Hardcover Textbook, 1992) by Victor H. Frankel Ph.D., Vladimir Golyakhovsky
- The Four Pillars of Healing: How Integrated Medicine Can Heal You by Leo Galland
- Superimmunity for Kids by Leo Galland
- Once a Month by Kathleen Dalton - world expert in women's issues
- John Lee is also a great recourse in this area
- Leo Galland, mdheal.org has other great books
- Genetic Nutritioneering by Jeffrey Bland PhD
- Look at the problems with the colon by Bernard Jenson
- The New Plague of Our Times by Ann Louise Gittleman
- The Makers Diet by Jordan Reuben - Good job reviewing all diets and the good and bad of all of them