Colon Hydrotherapy Sessions:
The instrument we use is a Dotolo Toxygen Colon Hydrotherapy Instrument. This system includes a filtering system, which has particle filters, carbon filter and an ultraviolet lamp. It is a closed system that uses new sanitized tubing for each client. There is a temperature gauge and pressure gauge to aid in keeping the client as comfortable as possible. There is also an electric lift table to accommodate those in wheelchairs and others who have a hard time getting up and down.
- A one inch in diameter, lubricated speculum is inserted by client and/or colon hydrotherapist about three and a half inches into the anal canal on the exhale, or during a series of exhales.
- Water enters the colon at approximately 0.25 to .5 psi, (pound per square inch) of pressure, with possible short fills of up to 2 psi.
- The colon hydrotherapy session consists of fill and evacuation cycles. Number of cycles during a session can be a few or up to several cycles per session. With each cycle, a small quantity of water enters the colon via a water tube and through a speculum, until peristalsis starts to evacuate the contents of the colon. The contents of the colon are then evacuated through the speculum into a waste tube, where it is washed into the plumbing drainage. Water pressure and a backflow prevention valve prevents waste from entering water tube.
- Psi or head pressure in a gravity system is measured from the top of the water to the lowest point of the tubing times .04 psi per inch. Flow rate is adjusted by control valve:
- The water in an enema bag flowing from the height of a doorknob to floor level, generates about 1.2 psi. From the height of a towel rack to floor level about 1.85 psi. A sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy, requires 6 to 10 psi of air pressure to be introduced into the colon.
- Quantity of water - If each fill cycle were added together during the approximately 45 minute session, the accumulated total of water, which passes through the colon, would be two to six quarts of water.
An open colonic system refers to the way the waste and water are eliminated from the body. The individual self-inserts a sterile, disposable, pinkie-sized rectal nozzle1-1 1/5” into the anal opening, just past the sphincter muscle. Laying comfortably on your back and covered up the entire time, the client turns the water on and is able to adjust the rate of the water flow. When the sensation to eliminate occurs, the client initiates the release by bearing down just like they would on the toilet. The waste and water eliminates out around the nozzle, not into it and the sphincter muscle allows for the elimination. The process continues until the client feels evacuated and is running clear, approximately 30 to 50 minutes.
Everyday our bodies are exposed to toxins and pollutants in the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the denaturing of bonds by microwaves, the skin products with petroleum; there's a carcinogen around every corner.
The American diet consists mostly of processed, over cooked foods, genetically engineered foods, fast foods and junk food. A stressful lifestyle will also contribute to poor digestion, a build up of toxins circulating throughout the blood stream and a "plaque" build up along the colon walls; decreasing the amount of elimination and stretching out the colon. Avoiding these foods and stressors are not always doable. Therefore cleansing and detoxification through colonics and cleanses will promote the immune system, the lymphatic system, the circulatory system and the digestive system!