Things One Can Do for Intestinal Health
- Colonics which cleanse the large intestines to promote whole body detoxification.
- Drinking plenty of water. Individuals should drink half their body weight in ounces.
- Digestive enzymes will promote better digestion in the small intestines.
- Probiotics. Balancing the flora of the intestines with good and bad bacteria will help with gas, bloating, digestion and elimination.
- Foods that affect digestion...Avoid mucus forming food that harden the intestinal walls like dairy. White flour products in bakery goods, pizzas, breads, will stick to the intestinal walls like glue; decreasing elimination time.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Not only are these foods easily digestible but they give the body the organic sodium needed to help the buffering system of the pancreas, allowing the food in the small intestines to become alkaline.
- Lubricating the colon with flax oil and b vitamins.
Helpful Hints for the Colon
- It is important to have enough acid in the stomach to break down the protein. One way of achieving this is adding fresh squeezed lemons to your water or juice.
- It is good to start the day with a warm glass of water. This helps the digestive tract start of the right track.
- Before you get out of bed in the morning make sure you spend some time on your left side. The gravity will help move things in position for early removal, if you know what I mean.
- Try to eat fiber with every meal. It helps move things through more efficiently. You can add ground flax seeds to you meal for fiber. It helps draw out toxins as well.
- Omega 3 oils, either fish oil or flax seed oil, is very beneficial to the health of your colon.